You know when I write my best?

 You know when I write my best? It's when I’m supposed to be doing something else. Every time I have a major paper or project due, I always seem to find myself back here, writing about whatever has been bothering my mind as of late. It's like my brain needs an escape from the pressure of the assignment and, ironically, decides to deal with the pressure of my personal life instead. Did I use "ironically" right? I always have that one movie scene in the back of my head where this one character always gets so annoyed that people don’t know how to use it correctly until she meets the one person she is meant to be with, and they use it correctly, knowing just how she feels. Cheesy, I know, but we all long for someone who makes the crazy seem a little less crazy.

Huh, and here we are yet again, unpacking what I don’t realize bothers me until I write. I think writing has turned into my person. It's my place to seem a little less crazy, and it's my place to understand what my brain may not be ready to confront yet. You don't need to hear the rest of what  I have written here, go about your day. 

Comments